2018 Show Rules
- There will be classes for all varieties of Standard Poultry, Bantams, Geese, Ducks, and Pigeons, (Land fowl - Turkeys, and Guineas.) Cock, Hen, (Cockerel, and Pullet under 1 year old.)
- Pigeon’s Young birds only must be equipped with a seamless band indicating 2018.
- Central Illinois Poultry Club membership is not required to exhibit; however we would welcome your membership. (Dues are $10.00 for family or $5.00 for individual membership)
- Entries should be sent by Sept. 22nd 2018. Mail all entries to Heath Gerdes P.O. Box 51 Benson, IL. 61516 Make all checks payable to Central Illinois Poultry Club. Entry fees must accompany Entry Form. (No refunds)
- Birds should be banded for owner protection. The Show Management will not be responsible for any loss or accident. The best care will be given to all.
- Entry fee is $3.50 per bird for the open show and the junior show.
- (Juniors must be under the age of 18) Junior show entries will compete in the junior show only. Junior exhibitors will also have the right to enter birds in the open show if they wish to. (If a junior exhibitor wishes to enter any birds in the open show they must distinguish which birds that are to be entered in the open show on their entry form.) The same bird cannot compete in both the open show, and the junior show. Birds will be judged through 5th place, in both the open & junior show.
- The show superintendent or any club member of the Central IL. Poultry Club will have the right to handle the birds in the show. (Generally only for moving to Champion row, or removal of sick birds.)
- Birds showing evidence of disease will be removed from competition by show officials.
- Advertising will not be permitted on coops until the judging is completed.
- Feed, water, and bedding will be furnished. Exhibitors take care of their own birds. Exhibitors will not handle any exhibitor’s bird without their permission.
- The Central Illinois Poultry Club reserves the right to refuse any entry. The exhibition in all respects will be under the control of the Board of Directors, governed by the rules and regulations of the American Poultry Association. This show is APA and ABA sanctioned.
- No exhibitor is allowed in the aisles, and no talking to the Judge is allowed during judging.
- There will be a concession stand available for Breakfast, and Lunch opening at 7:30 A.M.
- Birds will be released after the judging is completed, and after the awards ceremony.
- The club will be holding a raffle: Any donated items would greatly be appreciated. Must be present during drawing. Drawing will be held at 1:00 P.M.
- Sale coops available for $3.50 per hole. Maximum of 4 birds per cage.
- Outside selling fee added this year. If you are selling outside please send payment along with your entry fees. Thank you!
- Accepting old or young trios and displays this year.
- Bantam or Largefowl displays consist of seven birds: Trio, Cock, Hen, Cockerel, Pullet
- Waterfowl display consist of seven birds: 1 young male, 1 young female, 1 old male, 1 old female, and the other three birds can be whichever you choose, waterfowl displays do not require you to have a trio.
- Count trios as 3 entries, and displays as 7 entries at $3.50 per entry.
- The State of Illinois requires all poultry be pullorum tested or originate from a NPIP flock. You should have them tested before bringing them to the show. Please bring a copy of your testing paperwork or mail them along with your entries, thank you!
Youth Exhibition Poultry Association (Y.E.P.A. Sanctioned)
Awards given 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each age group.
Please wear appropriate attire!
Collared shirt, tucked in at the waist, closed toed shoes & White Lab Coat (not mandatory)
Open to any Junior Exhibitor:
Judged Ages: Novice - 8 & Up (Never done showmanship before.)
Pre - Junior Showmanship - (Ages 5-7)
Junior Sportsmanship - (Ages 8-10)
Intermediate - (Ages 11-13)
Senior Sportsmanship - (Ages 14 & Up)
Please indicate on entry if you will be participating, there is no charge.